At the Oasis Regional Aquatic Centre we endeavour to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for all our customers; however, to ensure we can continue to provide the healthy environment we strive to maintain, we do require your assistance.In line with the Public Health Reform 2012, we are also now required to completely close a pool for a number of hours, depending on the contamination.
Guidelines for the prevention of contamination
To help reduce the possibility of contamination and lengthy pool closures we need to ensure the following guidelines are followed:
- Infants who are not toilet trained should have their water activities restricted to the toddlers' pool (where possible)
- Appropriate bathing attire must be worn at all times otherwise swimming will be prohibited
- Infants who are not toilet trained must wear tight fitting waterproof pants or swimming nappies at all times
- All nappies must be changed in change rooms and not at the poolside
- Hands should be thoroughly washed with soap after changing nappies
- Soiled nappies should be disposed of in the bins provided
- Toddlers should be encouraged to use the toilet frequently
- All patrons after swimming should be changed in the appropriate changerooms.
- If your child does have an accident in the pool it is advised that they do not re-enter the pools as all swimwear needs to be thoroughly cleaned.
- We do provide aqua nappies at reception, however, if you need larger nappies please refer to www.theraquatics.com.au
- Male & Female changerooms: please be advised that it is inappropriate for people of different sex to be in this changeroom. Families and special needs users are directed to use the family changerooms as required. Oasis Management understands the difficulties this can cause for young families and will give allowances for pre-school aged children (0-4 years) ONLY.
- Family changerooms: please be advised that these changerooms are for the use of families and special needs customers only. They are intended to allow access for parents and carers of multiple children and those children of differing sexes to that of the parent or caregiver. All single sex and able customers are asked to use their designated changeroom (male or female). Please note that baby change tables are provided in both the male and female changerooms.
If your child has been sick with vomiting or diarrhoea within the last seven consecutive days we do ask that you do not allow your child to participate in lessons and we will happily organise a make-up lesson after your child has not had symptoms for seven consecutive days.
Please do not be offended if an Oasis staff member approaches you regarding any of the above guidelines.
We thank you for your continued support of our facility and your understanding in addressing these delicate issues. As always, we welcome all feedback to help improve our facilities so please do not hesitate to contact us.